Cosmetic Dental Bonding – Reno, NV
A Touch-Up for Slightly Flawed Teeth
In reality, not every smile flaw is created equal. Some happen to be smaller or subtler than others. You might (for example) have minor stains on your grin, or perhaps you have a small chip or two. Luckily, there’s a great solution for these mild imperfections: cosmetic dental bonding! Here at Village Dental, this treatment offers a light touch that hides your smile’s downsides. To learn more about it, continue reading or book a consultation !
What is Cosmetic Dental Bonding?
Put simply, cosmetic dental bonding is an aesthetic service for your smile. It uses tooth-colored composite resin to cover your grin’s minor flaws. In particular, the resin hides issues like small stains, chips, and cracks from view.
In most cases, cosmetic dental bonding only takes one dental visit. (Do note, though, that you may need several sessions if the tooth damage is extensive.) Our dentists will just apply the resin to your tooth (or teeth) and sculpt it accordingly. After some exposure to UV light, the treated area should then blend perfectly with your surrounding teeth.
Who is a Good Candidate for Cosmetic Dental Bonding?
Given how it works, nearly anyone can get cosmetic dental bonding. Qualifying for the treatment doesn’t involve strict requirements. However, it’s a fact that good candidates only have mild tooth flaws. As such, ideal bonding patients are those with issues like:
- Small tooth chips or cracks
- Minor gaps between teeth
- Moderate-to-severe tooth stains
- Oddly-shaped teeth
- Short or “stubby” teeth
Even with the above, do visit our dentists to confirm your candidacy. They’ll closely examine your mouth to see if cosmetic dental bonding suits you. If they believe it does, they’ll draft a personalized treatment plan for you.
The Benefits of Cosmetic Dental Bonding
Once you’ve gotten cosmetic dental bonding, your grin will receive various perks. The most typical benefits include the following:
- Versatility – Remember, dental resin can cover the whole fronts of your teeth. As a result, cosmetic dental bonding can address many flaws in your smile.
- Quick & Easy Results – Cosmetic dental bonding only applies resin, so it won’t alter your tooth structure. Better yet, it’s pain-free and (usually) only takes one dental visit.
- Low-Effort Aftercare – It doesn’t take much to maintain bonding results. Really, you only need to brush twice daily, floss once daily, and rinse with mouthwash often. Should you keep those habits, the effects of your treatment will last several years.
- Cost - Effectiveness – Compared to other procedures, cosmetic dental bonding offers amazing results at a low price. That means it’s cost-effective, offering a great smile without “breaking the bank.”